At SA Photonics, we specialize in the design, development and manufacturing of complex, state-of-the-art communications systems for military, space and commercial applications. Our products include optical as well as RF communication systems. SA Photonics has a small team of highly experienced engineers and scientists and we are currently looking for a Communications System Engineer to join our team.
- Design and analysis of end-to-end optical communication systems, including developing system link and impairment budgets, and performing simulation and analysis to ensure end-to-end performance requirements are met.
- Development of system level and sub-system level requirement and specification documents
- Development of electrical, mechanical and software Interface Control Documents
- Simulating and characterizing communication algorithms and analyzing system test results using MATLAB.
- Writing proposals and technical reports related to communication systems
The successful candidate will have most, if not all, of the following qualities/experience:
- MSEE or Ph.D with 10+ years experience in the development of optical and/or free-space optical communication systems.
- Strong background in communication theory and signal processing, as well as strong understanding of practical system performance limitations.
- Good understanding of electronic, optical, and mechanical systems
- Familiarity with RF communication systems is desired.
- Experience with MATLAB or other simulation tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage small programs and small technical teams
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual, with little supervision necessary
SA Photonics is headquartered in Los Gatos with a second office in San Carlos. This position will be based in our Los Gatos office which has easy reverse commute access to HWY 85 and HWY 17. SA Photonics provides competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, matching 401k, and a flexible work schedule. Our employees enjoy our small teams of very motivated engineers, working on state-of-the art projects.
This will be a full-time, regular position
Due to the nature of much of the work we do, this position is restricted to U.S. Citizens or permanent residents only.