At SA Photonics, we specialize in the design, development and manufacturing of complex, state-of-the-art communications and imaging systems for military, space and commercial applications. SA Photonics has a small team of highly experienced engineers and scientists and we are currently looking for a Laser Systems Consultant to join our team.
- Create innovative technical solutions for state-of-the-art laser systems in the Visible through MWIR spectrums.
- Design and development of fiber laser/MOPA laser systems supporting high peak powers (KW/MW), high avg powers (10s - 100s of Watts), nanosecond and picosecond pulse widths with excellent beam quality (<1.5 typically)
- Design and development of high pulse energy laser systems utilizing DPSS architectures
- Design and development of wavelength conversion systems to interface with our laser systems including SHG, SFG, and others.
- Development of optical system and sub-system level requirements and specification documents
- Simulating and characterizing optical, fiber optic, and laser systems using standard modeling software and/or other tools.
The successful candidate will have most, if not all, of the following qualities/experience:
- MSEE or Ph.D with 10+ years of experience in the development of laser systems.
- Strong background in developing deliverable laser system hardware for government or commercial customers.
- Good understanding of nonlinear optical system analysis and materials
- Optical design and modeling experience with Zemax or other tools.
- Experience with standard laser and optical analysis tools.
- Strong hands-on laboratory research skills and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual, with little supervision necessary
- Additional skills below a plus:
- Ability to manage small programs and small technical teams
- Writing of proposals and white papers related to laser, LIDAR, communications and imaging systems research and development
- Provide technical leadership on programs
- Provide technical marketing support through customer briefings and conference presentations
SA Photonics is headquartered in Los Gatos, which has easy reverse commute access to HWY 85 and HWY 17.
Our employees enjoy our small teams of very motivated engineers, working on an extensive variety of state-of-the art projects.
This will be a consulting position with up to 40 hours per week into the foreseeable future.
Due to the nature of much of the work we do, this position is restricted to U.S. Citizens or permanent residents only.