At SA Photonics, we specialize in the design, development and manufacturing of complex, state-of-the-art communications, vision and mechanical systems for military, space and commercial applications. Our products and technologies include coherent optical communication systems for fiber, free-space and underwater applications, active thermal networking systems, energy harvesting systems, and head mounted display systems for military applications.
SA Photonics has a small team of highly experienced engineers and scientists. We are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team. Responsibilities include:
- Expertise in the Design of Mechanical hardware and subsystems for free space optical communication systems and head mounted display systems.
- Design of mechanical hardware and systems for traditional linear/rotary generator and advanced material (piezo, thermoelectric, and electromagnetic) energy harvesting subsystems.
- Design and analysis of hardware for harsh conditions including high dynamic and thermal environments.
- Specifying and evaluating mechanical hardware including, but not limited to, the following:
- Engineering materials
- Energy harvesting technologies
- Temperature control systems
- Automated and manual Motion control systems
- Laboratory validation and testing of test setups, breadboard and prototype subsystems.
- Writing proposals and technical reports related to mechanical engineering topics/programs.
The successful candidate will have most, if not all, of the following qualities/experience:
- Strong knowledge of mechanical hardware development
- Strong knowledge of thermal control and thermal analysis.
- Excellent hands-on and laboratory skills in building, testing and validation of optical subsystems, and thermal and dynamic subassemblies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Precision Optics Mount designs and Fiber Optic systems design experience a plus.
- Design for production hardware experience a plus
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual
SA Photonics is headquartered in Los Gatos, California and this will be a full-time regular position for the Los Gatos office. SA Photonics provides competitive salaries, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), a comprehensive benefit package, and a matching 401k. Our employees enjoy our small teams of very motivated engineers, working on state-of-the art projects.
Due to the nature of much of the work we do, this position is restricted to U.S. Citizens or permanent residents only.