At SA Photonics, we specialize in the design, development and manufacturing of complex, state-of-the-art communications systems for military, space and commercial applications. Our products include optical communication and sensor systems. SA Photonics has a small team of highly experienced engineers and scientists and we are currently looking for a Telecom System Engineer to join our team. Responsibilities include:
- Define system architectures and system requirements for telecom-grade optical communication systems
- Design and analysis of optical communication systems, including analyzing system performance and identifying key sub-systems and components
- Development of system and sub-system level requirement and specification documents
- Development of test procedures and plans to validate system requirements
- Writing proposals and white papers related to optical communication and sensing systems
- Provide technical marketing support through customer briefings and conference presentations
The successful candidate will have most, if not all, of the following qualities/experience:
- BSEE, MSEE or Ph.D with 10+ years experience in the development of optical telecom systems.
- Strong background in communication system development, as well as strong understanding of practical system performance limitations.
- Good understanding of electronic, optical, and mechanical systems
- Familiarity with Telcordia and other industry standards and their impact on system design
- Familiarity with NEBS compliance testing and associated system design issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage small programs and small technical teams
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual, with little supervision necessary
SA Photonics is headquartered in Los Gatos, CA. Our Los Gatos office has easy reverse commute access to HWY 85 and HWY 17. SA Photonics provides competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, matching 401k, and a flexible work schedule. Our employees enjoy our small teams of very motivated engineers, working on state-of-the art projects.
This will be a full-time, regular position
Due to the nature of some of the work we do, this position is restricted to U.S. Citizens or permanent residents only.